Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Furcadia - The Second Dreaming!!
13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Has Furcadia Been Hacked Or Something?
Shinichi Kudo
post Oct 3 2009, 09:14 AM
Post #1
Group: Furres

Shinichi Kudo

"Due too the fact of Furcadia "Guardians" Freaking out when i absolutely asked them not too due too. The sheer fact of network security. I'm going too put this into my own hands for now. Every user of Furcadia your passwords have been compromised. Although by a perfectly honest person. Whilst being so. Some of you use the same passwords for your email accounts / paypal accounts or whatever else. Furcadia is going too be sieged by /b/ in a couple days from now. I suggest changeing your passwords due too SQL Vulns and Simple Security Flaws. Which have yet too be fixed"

This was a Furcadia-wide news announcement. Explanation?

Edit:
""Anonymousy" does not exsist on the interwebz. Furcadia in sence uses simple password encryption aka sha. It is a simple format unsalted. And unlike md5. Which easily parces 2,000 passwords every 92 or so seconds. With proper gpu bruteforceing. Meaning that if your like "lol coming on here too yiff. Lets use the same password as mai paypal account its secure i'm sure it is. It really isnt. It is very important that every furry that is getting this message too change your password asap. Or you are gonna get bank runned by /b/tards when they strike."

Edit2:
" See this has occoured atleast on my side from every furry community that i have helped. Furaffinity being the big one there. All those "OMG HARDWARE FAILUREEZZ" Dealt with me showing them what the ###### was wrong with there hardware. And them being in grateful and indegeious ######s in the end. They simply use you and ban you. "Because you show a proper security threat." OMG THAT UILDIAR GUY AGAIN OH ###### B&."

Edit3:
"Simple too the fact. I told the guardian "Hay i has root access / everything else." Simply "Lol block coverup. lol" But hay you cant block teh system! : D"

Edit4:
" 5$ that guardian gets fired. This is the kind of PR furcadia wouldnt want. tongue.gif Everyone give Guardian <name of a Guardian> a h5!"

Edit5:
" And no i'm not a member of 4chan. Or somepersonal "Army" I'm a simple White Hat. Whom is spreading a message. If i was the above i wouldnt even bother doing this i wouldnt simply leak the source code. And amongst other things. - Oh shi!"

Edit6:
" In all news. Change your ######. Hell i suggest shutting down furcadia till you fix your ######. Because you are endangering over 4,000 active users. At any given time. Now that isnt very nice is it? biggrin.gif"

Official system announcement from DEP:

"[!] System Announcement: We apologize for the security breach that gave an unauthorized person access to sending messages on our news channel. Our staff is online and we're fixing the problem."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chipper Longtail
post Oct 3 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #2

Chipper Longtail

Confirmed. Others have seen this.

+Quote Post
Deadheart
post Oct 3 2009, 09:19 AM
Post #3

Deadheart

This is concerning... And special.

+Quote Post
Flake
post Oct 3 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Flake

you missed one:

Due too the pure ignorance and flaws of the "Internet community" They always blame something else when another issue really occoured. "Oh we had hardware failure" / / goverment cover ups on teh interwebz? Omg epic news feedz.

So have 4chan got in or something??

+Quote Post
Tarrence
post Oct 3 2009, 09:21 AM
Post #5

Tarrence

Yes, yes it has.
"Simple too the fact. I told the guardian "Hay i has root access / everything else." Simply "Lol block coverup. lol" But hay you cant block teh system! : D"

So much for LOL UR FURC CHAR CANT BE HACKED.

Way to go furc.

+Quote Post
Shinichi Kudo
Post #6

Shinichi Kudo

That would be quite interesting and odd O.o Why would 4chan care about a little game like Furcadia? ... but then, it looks like it's just a single person doing this.

+Quote Post
Deadheart
Post #7

Deadheart

Not 4chan.. too special to be them. Seems like some... well, someone with horrible grammar.

+Quote Post
Flake
post Oct 3 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #8

Flake

Well why would they mention /b/ and how we're going to be hacked in a few days (first post)?

+Quote Post
Nicolai
post Oct 3 2009, 09:23 AM
Post #9

Nicolai

i'd take the warning. change your password if it's the same as your paypal/email.

+Quote Post
Vlin
post Oct 3 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #10

Vlin

Simple answer: 4chan hates furries. What other reason would they need if they're honestly going to attack?

+Quote Post
Flake
post Oct 3 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #11

Flake

I'd change your email and paypal passwords, not furcadia one as they could find out the new furc one.

+Quote Post
Ostara
post Oct 3 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #12

Ostara

o.O If this is some sort of HAHA fooled you thing. It is sickening and just repulsive. Very bothersome. And apparently they're watching the forums right now too.

+Quote Post
Deadheart
post Oct 3 2009, 09:26 AM
Post #13

Deadheart

Just to scare us, I believe.

+Quote Post
Deadheart
post Oct 3 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #14

Deadheart

I find this very entertaining. <3 Infuriating, but entertaining.

+Quote Post
Perkins
post Oct 3 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #15

Perkins

My email password is different to my furc one, as are all my other passwords - thank goodness. No idea why someone would waste their life doing this sort of thing though. Social ineptness ahoy!

+Quote Post
Nicolai
post Oct 3 2009, 09:28 AM
Post #16

Nicolai

they know that some people use the same passwords, hell it's easier.

+Quote Post
Deadheart
post Oct 3 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #17

Deadheart

I use RP gen. for all mine. No two are alike.

+Quote Post
Vlin
post Oct 3 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #18

Vlin

No offense, but I'm more upset with DEP than the hacker. I'm glad I use different passwords for games than I do for my e-mail/other important things, but the fact remains that this is obviously possible. If he can make news announcements, then he can do a /lot/ more.

+Quote Post
Flake
post Oct 3 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #19

Flake

They don't neccesarily know your password though, at all. Better safe then sorry, though.

+Quote Post
Perkins
post Oct 3 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #20

Perkins

I feel sorry for the person who waste time doing all this xD

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic