Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Furcadia - The Second Dreaming!!
13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Has Furcadia Been Hacked Or Something?
Pauly
post Oct 3 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #161
Group: Furres

Pauly

How has he 'harmed the game', exactly, by tapping into the news channel and releasing some passwords?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Verali
post Oct 3 2009, 11:44 AM
Post #162

Verali

Why is it taking so long for them to fix everything, though? Personally, I'm surprised it went on for as long as it did..

+Quote Post
Cheez
post Oct 3 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #163

Cheez

QUOTE (Squizzle @ Oct 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *
I agree. Not only that but it sounds to me like he might not even be a real good hacker. Most hackers are smart enough not to gloat about their work because that would draw too much attention.

Hacking is illegal so if this guy is caught I'm sure DEP will prosecute him. He not only violated their players personal information but hacking is outright illegal.

Sounds more like an exploit than a down right hack.

+Quote Post
Bro
post Oct 3 2009, 11:45 AM
Post #164

Bro

if by 'harming the game' you meant brought lulz to my saturday morning while i watch college football, yes he harmed the game

+Quote Post
Verali
post Oct 3 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #165

Verali

QUOTE (Pauly @ Oct 3 2009, 11:44 AM) *
How has he 'harmed the game', exactly, by tapping into the news channel and releasing some passwords?

A lot of people have hundreds, if not thousands, worth of dollars in digos on characters. Imagine all of that being stolen just because he posted a few passwords.

+Quote Post
Pauly
post Oct 3 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #166

Pauly

God, the forums hate SeaMonkey.

Anyhow, everything is logged and everything will be rolled back anyhow. No harm done to anyone's silly digos.

+Quote Post
Squizzle
post Oct 3 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #167

Squizzle

No Verali you got it all wrong.. DEP made it so they could roll-back player information if such a thing like this happens so even if you steal someone's digos your gonna end up with your old character whether you like it or not (without the stolen digos)

+Quote Post
Bonjour
post Oct 3 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #168

Bonjour

QUOTE (Pauly @ Oct 3 2009, 11:44 AM) *

Because if he could get the passwords of a few people, think of everyone else, who happens to use the same password for mostly everything they do on the internet.

That could be paypal, bank accounts, anything that you generally wouldn't want anyone poking around in.

+Quote Post
Mallory Meadows
post Oct 3 2009, 11:48 AM
Post #169

Mallory Meadows

"Harming the game" Is simple..

Those passwords and emails are PERSONAL information. It's like a social security number for the game.
and as a beekin, there's not much we can do very quickly, and contacting one of the staff members is something we can do, it just may take us a little bit to do so (Everyone has a real life, even DEP admins folks.)

+Quote Post
Shinichi Kudo
post Oct 3 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #170

Shinichi Kudo

QUOTE (Pauly @ Oct 3 2009, 06:44 PM) *
Some?... 

He used swear words in Furcadia-wide announcements.

He published e-mail adresses and passwords of many players (including high ranked DEP staff)

He hacked Gar's account and posted onto the forums using his account. 

Maybe people now no longer trust Furcadia or DEP, which could lead to less people buying digos.

+Quote Post
Squizzle
post Oct 3 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #171

Squizzle

"Some people just like to see the world burn."

+Quote Post
Pauly
post Oct 3 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #172

Pauly

QUOTE (Shinichi Kudo @ Oct 3 2009, 11:49 AM) *
Some?...

He used swear words in Furcadia-wide announcements.

He published e-mail adresses and passwords of many players (including high ranked DEP staff)

He hacked Gar's account and posted onto the forums using his account.

Maybe people now no longer trust Furcadia or DEP, which could lead to less people buying digos.

GOOD.

Do you prefer the illusion of safety over actual safety?
If DEP can't make a secure system for people to wire them money or keep the items they bought, then DEP deserves people not buying digos.
If it came out that my bank keeps all of its costumer's PIN numbers on display for everyone to see then I sure am not going to stay at that bank.

+Quote Post
mimiru1618
Post #173

mimiru1618

Concerning the roll back...even if the player info is rolled back, the passwords were still leaked. If someone did steal an alt, what's to stop them from taking it again after the roll back happens? Some people are not above doing that. :c

+Quote Post
Verali
Post #174

Verali

At least Sinichi is making sense. A lot of people aren't buying from the Digomarket as it is. This'll probably make it worse, if people believe their characters aren't protected.

+Quote Post
Verali
post Oct 3 2009, 11:53 AM
Post #175

Verali

QUOTE (mimiru1618 @ Oct 3 2009, 11:52 AM) *
Concerning the roll back...even if the player info is rolled back, the passwords were still leaked. If someone did steal an alt, what's to stop them from taking it again after the roll back happens? Some people are not above doing that. :c

Passwords can be re-changed after the rollback.

+Quote Post
Cave
post Oct 3 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #176

Cave

QUOTE (Shinichi Kudo @ Oct 3 2009, 06:49 PM) *

Yeah, seriously. Not only was one of my alts on that list, but it's one that supposedly expired ages ago. Why is DEP sitting on my data like that?

+Quote Post
Defcon
post Oct 3 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #177

Defcon

ITT: people taking internet way to seriously

+Quote Post
Squizzle
post Oct 3 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #178

Squizzle

Wide scale password reset sent to the accounts email.

+Quote Post
Bro
Post #179

Bro

QUOTE (Defcon @ Oct 3 2009, 11:55 AM) *
ITT: people taking internet way to seriously

ITT: lulz are had

+Quote Post
mimiru1618
Post #180

mimiru1618

QUOTE (Verali @ Oct 3 2009, 11:53 AM) *
Passwords can be re-changed after the rollback.

What i meant was, after the rollback, if a character was stolen, it'll be a race for you to retrieve a new password fast enough before someone who previously stole the alt off you from the password leak to retrieve it.. If you have 20+ alts, and there are people out there, that's a lot of passwords to change. If they are leaked, everyone has those passwords, someone could change it again bfore you have a change to, and keep the alt for themselves.

Unless they perform what Squizzle said and reset all passwords

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2024 - 04:00 PM