Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Furcadia - The Second Dreaming!!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Felorin's New Job!, More financial stability for Furcadia, yay!
Felorin
post Jan 15 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #1
Group: DEP Admins

Felorin

Hey everybody! Just wanted to let you know, I've got an exciting new job at LolApps in San Francisco. I'll be working on some brand new games for Facebook with Brenda Braithwaite (designer of the Wizardry series), John Romero, and some other great folks.

First things first, to stave off any rumors - this doesn't mean Furcadia is in any danger. Our sales have been down a lot from the recession, so having this extra money coming in means it's actually even more certain than ever that we can keep covering the expenses to keep Furcadia going. This is nothing new really, Talzhemir and I worked a variety of full-time jobs from 1997 through 2000 while Furcadia kept growing. Emerald Flame was full time at another job throughout 2000 also, and Fox has been working a job the last few years but still helps keep things running.

Emerald Flame and Gar are looking into outside jobs as well, and might have offers in the near future. We're going to be promoting some of our existing staff to take over many of our current duties. They all have projects planned to improve Furcadia, get you better customer service, some new features, and generally improve things for all of you. There will be a few changes to who you go to for asking for various kinds of help with things in the game. We hope you'll all have good experiences with them, and we want to thank Rei-Jin, Ryhn, Talzhemir, Cironir, Farrier, and Tiggerbaby for all they'll be doing to keep Furcadia fun & thriving. As well as all they've already done in years past. And thanks in advance to anyone else we may be able to bring aboard in the next couple years!

A couple of exciting pieces of news I want to bring up. First, my friends at LolApps decided they want to put Dr. Cat into their game Ravenwood Fair as an NPC. Also, there will be quests involving Emerald Flame, Talzhemir, and Gar! This will be as soon as they add the new "Cats Pack" to the game. So feel free to go check out Ravenwood Fair over on Facebook, it's another game full of furries, where you're trying to build a medeival carnival in the woods. They have over 5 million players, so we might see a few new folks in Furcadia from the mention, too!

Also, while we prefer to avoid announcing new features, because we don't always get them done and don't want to dissapoint you... We have some plans in the works that may get us a lot of new players this year, as well as making Furcadia more convenient to set up, launch, and use for all our existing players. Stay tuned for more details, when we're able to provide them!

We're looking forward to this new year, we expect big things from it. Hope you all have a great year too! We want to thank you all for keeping Furcadia up and running through the recession. Thanks as well for making Furcadia one of the best communities ever. We love you guys, and we do this for all of you! cat-happy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zanadria
post Jan 15 2011, 05:02 PM
Post #2
Group: Furres

Zanadria

I wish you luck Fel! I know you will do an abnormously fantastical job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Deedlit79
post Jan 15 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Deedlit79

Awesome!! I was there the day that Felorin joined Ravenwood fair on Facebook. I was interested in what that was so I then joined! Ever since, I'm really hooked to playing it! I like how your energy comes back rather quickly and you can play it every 1 -2 hours aprox with a full energy bar! Plus it's furry! ^_~

+Quote Post
Experience
post Jan 15 2011, 05:16 PM
Post #4

Experience

Congratulations on the new job! smile.gif. I hope that it's not too rough! smile.gif.

I'm going to have to pop onto Facebook and start playing Ravenwood fair tongue.gif. Sounds like a pretty fun game smile.gif. Good luck in your new job!

+Quote Post
Toast
post Jan 15 2011, 05:25 PM
Post #5

Toast

That's such great news, Dr. Cat! I hope everything goes well with the new job, I know it can be really rough to find anything in the industry these days! *claps*

+Quote Post
Ezno
post Jan 15 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #6

Ezno

Congrats on the new job Felorin! San Francisco is a fun place, and it sounds like you have some amazing new opportunities coming up! The Facebook games are a growing franchise to be certain, and I look forward to seeing everything that you contribute to them!

+Quote Post
Humour
post Jan 15 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #7

Humour

Ravenwood Fair is a fun game, had me absorbed for the past few hours lol.
Good luck with your new job~

+Quote Post
Dillen
post Jan 15 2011, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Dillen

Omg... I play that game on fb dslvknbeftjrnheyegfd omg. I can't wait for you guys to show up there biggrin.gif!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Blizzy
post Jan 15 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #9

Blizzy

Congratulations! *hugs* It's really hard to find jobs now a days so hope it goes well for you! Have a great 2011!

+Quote Post
Reeka
post Jan 15 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #10

Reeka

Congratulations on the new job. I hope you like it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Desade
post Jan 15 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #11

Desade

Wow, great job to everyone! <3

+Quote Post
Neat
post Jan 15 2011, 09:28 PM
Post #12

Neat

Oooh! Congratulations on your new job! smile.gif
Keep us updated on how it goes.

+Quote Post
vango
post Jan 15 2011, 09:30 PM
Post #13

vango

sweeeeeet.

+Quote Post
Ryoo
post Jan 15 2011, 09:31 PM
Post #14

Ryoo

Awh! Congratulations on your job Felorin.<3! Hope it goes smoothly. so.gif

+Quote Post
Curt
post Jan 15 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #15

Curt

If we could all be so lucky to find a job right now~
Hmmm so to help with this change are the Beekin Heads going to be bringing in new Beekins~? cat-loved.gif Some of us are getting anxious~

I hope everything moves smoothly for you Admins.

+Quote Post
Rydia Aslin
post Jan 15 2011, 11:26 PM
Post #16

Rydia Aslin

Thanks for the update, Fel. I hope everything goes well for you at the new jorb!

+Quote Post
Mino
post Jan 15 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #17

Mino

Yeeee!

+Quote Post
Crunchward
post Jan 16 2011, 01:57 AM
Post #18
Group: DEP Staff

Crunchward

Good luck!

+Quote Post
Ustarakin
post Jan 16 2011, 02:47 AM
Post #19

Ustarakin

Good luck sa.gif

+Quote Post
Xxysthstris
post Jan 16 2011, 03:11 AM
Post #20

Xxysthstris

Congrats on scoring the job! Best of luck to Em' and Gar with their job hunting, too!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2024 - 03:59 PM